Now that Waterless Cooking is becoming a reality in many homes, a lot of people are stuck with so many choices but don’t know which to pick. If you are one of such, I’d say you’re just in the right place. Today, our focus is Chef’s Secret Cookware. Ever heard of it?
I know it can be pretty confusing when you are looking to purchase a Waterless Cookware, as they all seem so similar. Nevertheless, there’s always one distinctive feature that increases or reduces the chances of you getting that cookware. That’s what we do here. We talk about cookwares extensively, just to help you choose better. Let’s talk about Chef’s Secret Cookware and see if it’s a great investment or not!
Read 360 Cookware Review
Chef’s Secret Cookware
Perhaps you may have heard of Chef’s Secret Cookware but you don’t know of its reputation. Well, from what I know, I’d say Chef’s Secret did a pretty great job with their Waterless Cookware. The idea behind Waterless cooking is to allow you prepare meals with a minimal amount of water and low heat so you and your family or friends can share healthier, tastier meals.
From the variety available for you to pick from, one would wonder if Chef’s Secret Cookware is a better choice than Maxam, 360 cookware, Saladmaster, Vapo-Seal and other waterless cookware brands. I’d say every product has its pros and cons. It’s best to choose the one best suited to your needs and budget at the moment. Also, you should look out for key features like durability amongst others. That being said, let’s look at the features of Chef’s Secret Cookware.
Features of Chef’s Secret Cookware
Perhaps, you may have noticed the similarity between Maxam Cookware and Chef’s Secret Cookware. That’s because they are both produced by the same company – B&F system.
Here are some of the things I love about this cookware at a glance.
- Easy to use and clean
- A clean satin finish interior and mirror finish exterior
- Thermal Control Knobs for healthy, waterless cooking.
- T304 stainless steel bowls can also be used as double boilers or as dome covers for stove-top roasting
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Now let’s see some of them in details.
Material Used in Construction
Like Maxam KT17, this cookware was constructed using T304 surgical stainless steel. This steel makes Chef’s Secret Cookware impervious to rust and very durable. Also, due to the material used, you don’t have to worry about using oil and grease to cook, which is an excellent health benefit.
With 12-element encapsulated base, it allows for heat conduction and distribution. The extra-thick impact-bonded bottom assures fast and even heating without any hot spots. Also, this set is suitable for gas, electric and ceramic stovetops.
Its design is 7-ply bonded. With a mirror-finish appearance, it also has a riveted heat resistant handle. The interior has a beautiful satin finish. You can take it along with you to the dining if you don’t want to serve directly from the pot.
Easy to Use & Clean
The pots and pans are nonstick and easy to clean un-breaded meats and veggies is an excellent health benefit.
You can Stack Cook!
To save time and energy, you can cook by stacking with this set. What this means is that you prepare 3 different food, using a single stove burner. How do you achieve this? Cook your food on a separate burner until it reaches the desired temperature before stacking it on top of another pot to finish the process. You’ll also get to save some of your energy bills, fuel, and ground space as well as time.
Chef’s Secret Cookware’s lids have a thermal control knob. It means you can know at a glance if your food is cooking at the right temperature. This way, you will know when to make the necessary adjustment when needed.
Warranty and Durability
Chef’s Secret Cookware offers a limited lifetime warranty. Rather than having to replace your pots and pans every 2-3 years, investing in these pieces could save you the hassle and money in the long run. If you handle it carefully, they can literally last a lifetime and be passed on to your children.
- 1.5qt saucepan with cover
- 1.5qt stockpot with cover
- 2qt stockpot with cover
- 3qt stockpot with cover
- 6qt stockpot with cover,
- Frypan with cover and helper handle
- Mixing bowls with polypropylene covers
- Step steamer basket with side handles
- Pan-top grater with handle and adapter ring
- Deep fry basket with detachable handle
- Suction cup knob for mixing bowls (when they are used as dome covers)
- Phenolic trivet
- 4-piece measuring spoons
The two mixing bowls can double up to form double boilers. They are also designed to fit as dome covers for stove-top roasting purposes. The step steamer is another convenient inclusion as you can use it for the saucepan and differently sized casseroles, depending on the amount of food that you wish to steam.
Should you buy Chef’s Secret Cookware?
Well, let’s go over the pros and cons one last time before I give an answer this question.
Why you should consider buying Chef’s Secret Cookware
- High-quality cookware constructed using T304 surgical stainless steel. That’s just a way of saying that you get healthier and tastier meals in exchange for your money.
- Heavy and durable. It can last a lifetime if you handle it well.
- Even heat distribution. Its base allows for even heat distribution. You can have dinner served in no time.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Foods don’t exactly stick to it and if they do, it’s quite easy to clean.
- The built-in whistles in the lids tell you when you have exceeded required temperature [180°].
- Pots pour nicely when poured fast or slowly
- Convenient accessories that serve other purposes – the step steamer and the mixing bowls.
- You can stack cook and save time.
- It’s very affordable compared to the prices of other high-end waterless cookware which could go for over $1,000. You can buy this and still have the same feel of tastier, healthier meals.
Some customers have made the complaints listed below repeatedly. Just thought I should let you know what you’d be getting into, should you decide to choose this.
- Lids are not durable. Some say the temperature gauges are not accurate and the knobs tend to fall off after a short period of use rendering the lids useless.
- Handles fall apart too easy, especially the plastic part of the handle.
- Sharp edges
Here are the options available for purchase
- 22pc Set – Chef’s Secret 22pc 12-Element Super Set: The set includes an Extra Large 11″ Frypan
- 28pc Cookware Set with Informative Cookware DVD – Chef’s Secret 28pc 12-Element T304 Stainless Steel Waterless Cookware Set Bundle with Informative Cookware DVD for Waterless Cookware:
- 15-Piece Cookware Set – Chef’s Secret 15-Piece Element Stainless-Steel Cookware Set
- 12-Piece Set – Chef’s Secret 12-Piece 9-Ply Waterless Heavy-Gauge Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- 28pc Cookware Set – Chef’s Secret 28pc 12-Element T304 Stainless Steel “Waterless” Cookware
It’s been interesting for me and I hope it is for you as well. Now, I’d recommend this cookware, however, the handles that fall apart too easy gives me concern. How will I be able to lift it up comfortable with an incomplete handle? But, that’s just me. If you cannot afford an alternative like Maxam, then you should purchase this. It’s very durable and does all that a Waterless Cookware is supposed to do.
There are several other alternatives, you can click here to find out more.