Since the day I came across the Saladmaster Electric Skillet I have been planning to see if there are Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative. If that’s your goal as well then come along me to discover. I fell in love with the Salamaster when they did the presentation at my home, the chicken was cooked beautifully. It was no oils and fewer ingredients cooking. Before I talk about the available Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative, first, whats special about the Saladmaster Electric Skillet.
What does an Electric Skillet do? – Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative
I wouldn’t say that an electric skillet is a kitchen essential but it sure is a must- have. Why? Because it makes life in the kitchen a lot easier for you. Let me tell you how. An electric skillet is a great kitchen helper when it comes to frying foods, cooking at even temperature, keeping foods warm and doubling your cooking capacity. Unlike a griddle which is a flat surface frying pan, an electric skillet has siding which allows you to cook food such as beans. One thing I love about electric skillets is that it is very convenient, fast and gives off much less heat than a traditional oven/stove.
Who needs an Electric Skillet? – Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative
Pretty much every woman who loves a stress-free kitchen life. Now, I know that this pan doesn’t work for everything but it is perfect for pancakes, French toast, grilled cheese sandwiches, eggs, beans, breakfast foods and soup. This pan is not limited to frying; it can also be used for roasting, steaming and baking. So I think it’d be a great idea to have one in the kitchen. It’d definitely speed up your cooking process and you don’t need a stovetop. Just plug into an AC outlet and you’re ready to cook.
What Should I Look Out For When Purchasing? – Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative
Before you make a purchase, you should look out for its features such as skillet size, cost, cooking styles amongst others. Here are a few pointers.
How much did you budget?
This is really important. If you don’t have a budget in mind, then you just might end up spending all you have. Look for something within your estimated budget. Electric skillets generally cost between $15 to $150, depending on the overall quality and additional features included. So, put this into consideration while you plan.
What Features are you looking for?
If you don’t want to end up going to the market for another electric skillet days or months after purchasing one, you should ask yourself what you need a skillet for. Make your choice according to your preferences and not just based on a friend’s recommendation. Great features to look out for, in addition to the general features, are locking lid, a drainage spout, non-stick coating, adjustable steam vent, to mention a few.
Size and Shape
Electric skillets come in a variety of sizes and shape so, how much counter space do you have? And what shape of electric skillet will fit in? Round which is one of the shape options gives you a smaller amount space to cook in, while oblong and rectangular provide a bit more room. So, don’t neglect this! Measure out the counter space available if you must. It’d surely help you purchase the right size of skillet.
How many People will you be cooking for?
Yeah. This is important too. As you choose, you need to consider how many people you will be cooking for because it would definitely determine the amount of you’d need to prepare. For a family of 2-4, the skillet diameter of 9-10″ is perfect. Then for a family of 4-6, the larger size of 12-14″ would be very ideal. For parties, events, and restaurants, jumbo skillets provide the largest cooking space with a 16″ diameter. So, whichever you choose should meet your needs at least.
Benefits of Electric Skillet – Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative
- Perfect choice for a family in terms of quick and efficient cooking. It does not heat up the kitchen as much as a stove would.
- It holds a steady temperature better than a pan on the stove. So you can fry your doughnuts, meat, cook pancakes and other breakfast/griddled foods. It heats evenly.
- It heats evenly and maintains the right temperature. no hot spots!
- You can cook a lot simultaneously.
- It is handy. You can bring this frying pan anywhere and cook as long as there is an AC outlet.
- I’d say it is easy to clean because it allows you to detach the pan from the plug.
Any Drawbacks? – Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative
- The problem with this skillet is the fact that it is powered by electricity. So, no electricity, no food! You should have a stovetop pan handy just in case of power failures.
- The electric skillet can be dangerous when not used carefully. Wet or damp places can expose you or your children to danger. You just have to be careful while using it.
So having told you all you need to know or some of it rather, let’s talk about the alternative available. Precise Heat 3-1/2-Quart Surgical Stainless-Steel Oil Core Skillet is a great saladmaster alternative.
What’s special about Precise Heat 3-1/2-Quart Surgical Stainless-Steel Oil Core Skillet? – Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative
Precise Heat 3.5 qt Oil Core Skillet, made of T304 Stainless Steel, is a great substitute for Saladmaster. Perhaps, you may have seen a Saladmaster presentation before but the price scared you off. Most customers who have used this product had a lot of nice things to say about it. But let’s take a look at its features.
- Made of T304 Stainless Steel. It has a beautiful look and a perfect durable mirror finish.
- Low-dome cover and stay-cool handles/knobs. With the cover, you can lock the heat in and have your food ready in a short time. No hot spots! I should mention that it is a waterless cookware.
- 120V, 1300W – Power Rating.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
What is Special about Saladmaster Electric Skillet?
Well, it is able to handle the commercial cooking. Chefs who cater to a large audience find it easier to work with. That’s why it may be easier for the high-end restaurant to invest in this Saladmaster cookware because of the better and healthier food you can make from the piece. However, it is quite expensive which is why most people look for an alternative. Some of its features include
- Locking lids which ensure safe transport.
- Cool to touch handles which are heat and cold resistant. You won’t be needing potholders very much.
- Made of the highest quality stainless steel construction.
- Unique vapor-valve technology enables easier and quicker to steam your food
- Oil filled inner core for even heat distribution.
- Ease of cleaning.
Now you have a Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternative. And the best part is that it can do just as much as the Saladmaster can do. I hope you make the right choice. Meanwhile, here are other Saladmaster Electric Skillet Alternatives.
Bestseller Precise Heat 3.5 qt Oil Core Skillet
- Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet, Black
- Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
- Oster CKSTSKFM12-ECO DuraCeramic Electric Skillet, 12-Inch
- Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
- Nesco ES-08 Electric Skillet, 8-Inch
- De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
- Elite Platinum EG-6203 Deep Dish 9Qt. Jumbo 16” x 13” x 3.25” Non-stick Electric Skillet w/ Glass Lid and Easy-Pour Spout, Black
- Hamilton Beach 38528 Deep Dish Ceramic Skillet
Products from Amazon.com