Soaking in a hot tub or rather, getting the spa experience after a long day at work is one ofz the things I look forward to when I finally make a choice. That’s pretty much why I’m doing all these reviews – so you and I can make choices that we can live with. So here goes No. 4 on my hot tub list – Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub.
Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub is a budget hot tub choice if you are one looking for an inexpensive type of comfort. By inexpensive, I do not in any way mean substandard because so far, I think I’m loving the features of Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub. So, let’s get started with the review, shall we?
Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub – Overview
Perhaps, you may have heard of Lay-Z-Spa Miami. That’s what the Saluspa inflatable Hot tub used to be called. Bestway which is the company that makes and distributes this hot tub, the same company that manufacturers Coleman lay-z inflatable hot tub. Bestway is a very well known inflatable hot tub brand because they have quality and affordable inflatable hot tubs.
Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub is not a big one, as it can comfortably fit in 2 adults or squeeze in 4 adults. And, it also depends on the size of the people who are going to be using the tub. But of course, from its affordable price of $351.94, you should know not to expect too “exclusive” features. In spite of this, it still has everything you need to enjoy the experience.
Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub – Features
Here are some of the features of Saluspa Miami Airjet Inflatable Hot Tub, at a glance.
- Water Capacity – 177 Gallons
- 81 Bubble Jets
- Easy setup and operate
- Rapid-heating and water filtration system.
- Max. Heat Capability: 104°F
- Digital Control Panel
- Automatic start/stop timer-controlled heating system
- 2-4 Person Capacity
- TriTech 3-ply Puncture Resistant Material
- Thick Insulated Top Cover
- Insulated Floor
- Massage System
- Light and easy to transport
Material Used in Construction
The spa uses Lay-Z-Spa’s I-Beam technology and TriTech Material to ensure strength and durability. The exterior is made with Tritech material 3-ply reinforced material, featuring a polyester mesh core encased in two layers of PVC, for extra strength and durability. Also, the walls are made using I-Beam construction. This allows you to sit on the sides without the spa bending or buckling.
A repair kit is offered with the initial purchase just for these types of emergencies. In fact, if your hot tub is leaked, you can use the tape and the glue from the kit to repair it and make it usable again.
Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub is a compact-sized tub for up to 4 average sized people. However, this hot tub is especially great for 2 people. They can have enough legroom to stretch and relax. If space is an issue, this inflatable spa can easily fit any garage. The compact design makes it easy to transport – move around.
Digital Control Panel
This hot tub features a digital control panel that is very interactive. You can control the hot tub the way you like while in the tub. It is located on top of the inflating and heating machine where you can easily reach it without having to come out of the tub. Here are some of the things you can do with the Digital Control Panel.
- Auto Lock: Usually, the panel automatically locks itself to prevent dysfunction, when you don’t press any of the functions on the control panel for 5 minutes. To unlock, press and hold the ‘auto-lock’ button on the left side of the control panel.
- Temperature Control: You can set the temperature you desire while in the hot tub. There is an ‘up’ key [to increase] and also, a ‘down’ key [to decrease] on both sides of the panel, which allow you to regulate the temperature as you desire.
- Activate the Massage System: There is a button that has 3 bubble sprays inscribed on it. You can turn on the massage system via that button.
- Water Filtration Knob: You can use the water filtration system to keep your spa fresh and clean, alongside the chemical floater. The water filtration system is activated by tapping this knob.
- Heat Activation: This button activates the heating system. When activated, the pump will heat the water to reach 1 degree higher than the set temperature. Then it automatically shuts off. When the water temperature drops 2 degrees than the set temperature, the heat pump will start its work again. When the light over the heat button is red, it’s working, and when it’s green, it’s at rest.
- The last one reads “C/F” which toggles between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
The Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub’s control unit is designed to heat up the hot tub’s water up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, at a rate of around 2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour. It may take a while to reach maximum temperature. The insulated cover should be used while you heat up the water. It has an easy-to-use latch to lock it with the mainframe.
Water Filtration System
The water filtration system for this hot tub only filters. It doesn’t treat hard water or salt water. But it comes with a chemical floater where you can place your chlorine or bromine tablets. If you need one with hard water treatment, you can check out Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set.
From its name, Miami Airjet, this inflatable spa has a single massage system, lined up at the bottom perimeter of the tub.It also has 120 bubble jets, perfect for soaking your sore muscles, after a long day at work. If you’re looking for a more targeted and powerful hydro massage jets, you will have to settle for the more expensive ones.
Easy To Setup, No Tools Needed
You really do not need to be “techy” to know how to install this hot tub. All you need is to inflate it, fill it with water, turn on the heater and destress! Also, you do not need to buy a separate pump for inflating it. The control unit used for the heater and jets is the same unit that you will use for pumping it up.
So, Who Should Buy SaluSpa Miami AirJet?
Couples will surely get the most fun out of this hot tub. They can have some nice romantic and cozy time together while soaking. Also, you can share this tub with 2-3 friends, since it can only fit in 2-4 people [maximum].
Bestseller Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub
- Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- Coleman SaluSpa 4 Person Portable Inflatable Outdoor Spa Hot Tub, Black
- Intex Pure Spa 6-Person Inflatable Portable Heated Bubble Hot Tub | 28409E
- SaluSpa Palm Springs AirJet Inflatable 6-Person Hot Tub
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x Reinforced Cover – to keep your water warm and prevent specks of dirt from settling in when not in use.
- Heat Pump
- 2 x Filter Cartridges – for water filtration system.
- 1 x Chemical Floater – to keep the spa clean and fresh. The chemicals do not come with it. You need to buy those chemicals from your nearby stores. Chlorine or Bromine is used for this purpose but if you have an allergic condition to any of them, there are some environment-friendly alternatives offered in the market.
- 1 x Setup / Maintenance DVD – to make set up and maintenance easier.
Pros – Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub
I think I have mentioned most of its features, which are benefits by the way. Most customers had good things to say about this hot tub. I have added a few pros to cap it off.
- Easy to set up, operate and maintain.
- Light and easy to transport
- Low cost, great for those on a budget
Cons – Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub
- You cannot run the bubble jets and heater at the same time. The control panel only allows one feature at a time. Once you turn the heater on, the bubble jets will turn itself off.
- No hydrotherapy jets.
Final Thoughts – Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub
Well, it’s been great reviewing this. To be honest, I think I like this a little. ts affordable cost is one of its most attractive qualities. Even though there are no hydrotherapy jets, it still gives you the comfort you need. And, it doesn’t take up much space. If you need something not too costly but still good, you should definitely go for Saluspa Inflatable Hot Tub.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $477.58Was: $499.99
Price: $349.00Was: $599.99
Price: $369.99Was: $499.99