Last week, I did an article to help guide you choose the best water flosser for your dental needs. Well, I am going to be talking about Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser. If you still do not know what water flossing is or why you should bother spending your money on one, you can read about water flossing and its benefits here.
So, without wasting any more of your time, let’s get to know Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser. As much as I love water flossing, I’m more acquainted with Waterpik Ultra Flosser because it’s been in my family for a while now. However, I discovered that there is a lot of buzz about this product and I’m actually beginning to consider getting one for my family if I like what I find at the end of this review. So, let’s get digging!
Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser – Overview
In as much as your dental health is important, it does not have to be painful and costly. What I love the most about water flossing is that it is not painful neither doesn’t leave a bloody mess. Its unique design incorporates a combination of dental water jet pressure and pulsations allows you to reach and clean deep between your teeth and below the gumline. This is something traditional brushing and even the regular way of flossing cannot really achieve. They save time, are easy to use and like I already mentioned, they do a better job than a toothbrush or slippery piece of string can do for you.
Simply put, it helps you to remove harmful bacteria and debris that traditional brushing, air flossing, and string flossing can’t reach. If you are one with braces, implants, crowns or periodontal pockets, this would be a perfect oral irrigator for you. So, I guess it is worth your money – a cleaner, healthier and fresher breath from your mouth is definitely worth your money.
Why You Should Consider Water Flossing – Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser
If you’re someone like me who dislikes traditional methods of flossing, then you may be interested in an easier way to water-floss. I figured I should throw some light on this before I move on. Here are some advantages of water flossing over regular flossing:
- Water Flossing is faster, easier and not painful. It easily dislodges anything stuck between your teeth in a matter of seconds. Let’s say it is very efficient.
- The water jets can be customized. Simply change the tip into the one suited for your specific use. Whether you have braces or you trying to take out the food crumbs stuck in your teeth, there is a tip for that.
- Brushing or flossing with a string cannot remove thick layers of plaque. Water Flossing can do that, eliminating the bloody mess the other two create.
- Depending on the brand you purchase, you can customize your experience even further by adjusting water pressure and rate of pulsation. And if you dislike how it pulsates, there are oral irrigators that can attach directly to your faucet that provide a steady stream of water.
Features – Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser
There is no denying that Waterpik is the go-to brand for water flossers. It has been that way for decades now and Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser is one of its bestsellers. Which is why I chose to do this review. So let’s take a look at its features at a glance:
- Type: Separate water basin
- Size: 10 x 5 x 4 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Pressure Settings: 10
- Power source: AC power
- Reservoir capacity: 90 seconds
- Pulse modulation: Flossing and Massage
- Rotating tip: Yes
- Included tips: 7
- Warranty: 3 years
Is it Portable?
Unfortunately, No. It isn’t. It’s a large model with a water basin, which has to be plugged into an AC outlet. You can, however, toss it into your suitcase so you can take it along with you while you travel. The unit runs on AC power so there’s no need for recharging. Just remember that Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser has a permanent spot already in your bathroom, preferably somewhere safe and easy to reach.
How Many Tips?
Well, it comes with 7 tips, prepackaged already. These tips are:
- Classic Jet Tips  – You can share with family too such that each family member would have their own toothbrush.
- Plaque Seeker Tip  – For cleaning your teeth properly especially those that are tough to clean.
- Pik Pocket Tip  – For those with gum diseases like periodontal pockets
- Orthodontic Tip  – If you have braces, this tip is for you.
- Toothbrush Tip  – This allows you to brush and floss at the same time.
Dual-Step Pulse Modulation
It comes in 2 different modes – floss and hydro pulse massage mode. Floss mode is designed for plaque removal, while Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode is for massaging the gums and improving blood flow. Also, there is a 360° rotating tip that allows you to reach everywhere with ease and a timer that beeps every thirty seconds to remind you to move the irrigator to a different part of your mouth.
Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser has a covered reservoir which holds enough water or mouthwash for 90 seconds of use. This is over the recommended flossing limit which is 60 seconds per day. You can store the tips here as well.
Lest I forget to mention, Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser has an intuitive on/off switch and pressure control with over 10 settings and a push-button power with convenient LED mode display.
Waterpik ADA Accepted WP-660 Aquarius Water Flosser seems like a great investment. It may seem like a lot considering the fact that your dentist gives you a free sample of floss after each visit but I still think it’d be great to get one.
Check Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser Price on Amazon here.
What’s the Upside? – Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser.
This Waterpik product has over 8,000 reviews on Amazon, most of who commend the product. Here are some of its benefits:
- Easy to use
- More effective and faster than flossing, leaving your mouth feeling fresher and cleaner.
- It improves your oral hygiene as the water pushes bacteria and food particles out. Also, it helps promote periodontal health by stimulating circulation in your gums, which can help them to heal faster and fight infections better.
- With various heads, you can actually brush your teeth with any best suited to your needs.
- No pain or bleeding. Just start with the lowest sensitivity and work your way up as you choose.
What’s the Downside? – Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser.
- Most people say it is quite expensive.
- It can be loud if you’re trying to floss while others are asleep.
- Not Portable so you are going to have to improvise if you want to travel with it.
- Some complained that the on/off switch is difficult to change with one hand. That’s something you will find out, should you purchase this.
- It is not universal as you can only use this in North America. Just in case you were wondering, it is compatible with 120VAC/60Hz outlets.
Here are some Helpful Tips
- To help lower the vibrations, put a washcloth or grip pad under the unit.
- Don’t leave water in the basin, or put any non-liquid or sticky additives in. You don’t want stuff clogging the tubing.
- Do a cleaning rinse once a month at least. Be sure to clean the basin out with vinegar, allowing it to soak for an hour and put the wand tips in with it. By doing this, you are killing odor-causing germs.
- After that, do a full hot water rinse to expel the vinegar and then rinse with hydrogen peroxide. This will kill the mildew spores inside the tubing.
I’ve really enjoyed this review. I hope you have as well. Personally, I’d recommend Waterpik WP 660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser. Its features are top-notch. It may seem like a lot considering the fact that your dentist gives you a free sample of floss after each visit but I still think it’d be great to get one. You might want to check out Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser too before you make your choice. They are both great products that guarantee you a healthy dentition!